The adventures of John Storm and the Elizabeth Swann. John Storm is an ocean adventurer and conservationist. The Elizabeth Swann is a fast solar powered boat. During a race around the world, news of the sinking of a pirate whaling ship reaches John Storm and his mate Dan Hawk. They decide to abandon the race and try and save the whale. This is a modern Moby Dick, the twist being that there is a happy ending for everyone featuring this $Billion Dollar Whale, even the whalers. Herman Melville would approve.
THE CORAL SEA <<<
Though Frank Paine is as strong as an ox, Shui Razor is a more skilled fighter. Shui and his pirate crew throw the boarders into the sea, with Frank being the last to go overboard. But the ejected protestors are seen to be sitting on the sea, rather than in the water - because they are in the middle of a large floating plastic mass of nets and debris.
Shui and Stang motor away in the Jonah, after cutting their propeller free ..... Then, having second thoughts, return to help the stranded Ocean Shepherd. As a result the Ocean Shepherd crew have a new respect for the whalers.
For this scene, aim for 7 pages (sides) and 17 illustrations, suggested as:
1. Location shot map of Solomon Islands, Santa Cruz Islands, Naura and Banabo - with Jonah, Ocean Shepherd and Elizabeth Swann indicated routes.
Inside the crews quarters of the Jonah showing bunks and pirates sleeping.
2. Picture inside the helm of the Jonah, with pirate at the wheel looking through the windscreens over the wide ocean, with the sonar as the main navigation instrument in green.
3. Same picture as 2., but this time with pirate slumped over the helm asleep.
4. Close up on the sonar, showing another boat getting closer, approaching from behind.
5. The Ocean Shepherd anti whaling activist vessel alongside the Jonah, with the crew of the Shepherd using grappling hooks to pull their boat close to the Jonah.
6. Boarding party on the Jonah, with the crew of the Shepherd spray painting the outside of the helm with the (misspelled) words: "We Are Whale Killors".
7. Shui Razor wakes from noise of hulls scraping, rousing the crew.
8. The pirates rush up top, bumping into the whaling activists, a fight breaks out.
9. Shui throws Captain Paine overboard, aft.
10. Then Shui throws Jack overboard, and notices that Captain Paine and Jack are not in the sea, but proud of the water.
11. Puzzled that the activists can walk on water, the pirates chuck the remaining activists overboard to confirm that the crew of the Shepherd appear to have disturbing special powers.
12. Shui takes the helm of Jonah to motor away as fast as possible, but the engine stalls with a fishing net wrapped around the propeller.
13. Shui dives into the water to cut the propeller free, underwater shot of pirate captain sawing at the netting.
14. Shui signals to Stang Lee to fire the engine and the Jonah motors away to freedom, but the activists are trapped in the ghost fishing nets.
15. The Jonah motors back, and Shui dives into the sea to cut the activists free.
16. Shui underwater again, this time cutting the propellers of the Ocean Shepherd free.
17. Back on board the Jonah, Shui shouts across to Captain Paine on the Ocean Shepherd: "give us an hour." Paine shouts back: "take two."
These headings are only to guide you - to help you to plan your layout if you fancy illustrating this Scene.
MEDIA HOUNDS >>>
REFERENCE & RESEARCH
Please use our A-Z INDEX to navigate this site
This website is Copyright © 2020 Cleaner Ocean Foundation Ltd and Jameson Hunter Ltd